Thursday, December 31, 2015

My Experience at Amity University - Lucknow Campus.

In 2008, I cleared my CAT exam I was looking for a PGDM degree and I was not sure where to get admission. In Amity, I took my admission.

In Amity Lucknow campus every candidate got selected based on CAT and Internal exam conducted by Amity itself. After that, the merit list they prepare and accordingly they call candidates for the f2f interview.

I had Communication Development, Behaviour Science, Research Methodology, and German Language apart from my regular MBA subjects.  The course is designed as per the professional standard.

The faculty was professional. They help in understanding each subject carefully. They help in developing presentation skills, and sometimes they give good reference to get internships.

I had my internship in Sahara India Pariwar, Corporate Communication Department as a Market Researcher. They paid 7.5K at the end of eight weeks internship with certification.

I passed out in 2009-10 and it was the time when in the private sector was suffering from financial recession crisis moment which was affected campus placement. But in that time Amity did a wonderful job, they brought 4 industrial giants like Accenture, Wipro, Times Now, Hindustan Times for the placement.

In every winter season, a cultural festival organised in Amity Lucknow Malhore Campus by the management. The festival name is SAMANVAY meaning "Something which is equally applicable to all."

This stage gave endless opportunity to showcase cultural activity to all students.

In my course, there were no labs. I had weekly presentations at the stage in our classroom. Our exam system was semester based. Papers were split into two parts. Internal assessment and external assessment. Each paper 60 marks for external and 40 for internal, both papers to clear to clear a subject and get the score.

Fee structure in Amity is expensive than government MBA colleges. In my course, I had four semesters and each semester costs 96K. Apart from that, there were other fees like the security deposit and hostel fees.

Hostel facility was very good. They provided me a shared room with a partner. Each room member gets a table, chair, cupboard, bed, and mattress. 24/7 room cleaning service, purified water, generator back up and separate toilet for every six students.

Mess food was good and hygienic. Pure 100% veg meals every day. Mess fees are not included in hostel fee. So you need to pay every month to get the mess food.

I did not have any scholarship availed from Amity University. I am not sure about it.

Education loan facility offered by most of the banks. I had loans from PNB.

Friendship starts at Amity. Fun moments in hostel parties every weekend. There were the gym, table tennis, volleyball, cricket tournaments, dance, debate and singing competition too.

I never got any reference from my alumni network and senior students of Amity. But interaction opportunities are there and many time they helped junior students in getting placed or searching internship.

Amity Lucknow Campus was in construction at the time when I was there. The main issue I found that between Amity Noida and Lucknow campus there is a sky and earth difference in getting interview opportunities in good companies after the course end. But hope one day Amity Lucknow campus become better.


Website: http://amity.edu/Lucknow/

3 comments:

  1. Amity University Lucknow Campus is the best place to learn new things. Amity University Lucknow Campus offer both Graduate and postgraduate course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amity University Lucknow Campus is the best place to learn new things. Amity University Lucknow Campus offer both Graduate and postgraduate course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amity University Lucknow Campus is the best place to learn new things.

    ReplyDelete